I always have been (and probably always will be) a sucker for anything with caramel in it…. who isn’t though? This is the first year I’ve had to think about Christmas gifts for teachers (daycare and swimming), and what better way to say thank you to someone than give them a gift that you have made!
This is a really easy recipe, with just a few ingredients. You also get a good arm work out from all the stirring that’s needed, which is a good way to feel less guilty when you try a piece! This is another recipe from Nestle’s Australia’s Favourite Baking book, so naturally they suggest using all Nestle ingredients.
125g butter – cubed
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
1 tin of condensed milk
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup of white chocolate melts
* In a medium sized saucepan over a low heat, add the butter, golden syrup, condensed milk and brown sugar.
* Mix continuously for approx 10 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly and colour has changed to a golden brown.
* Add white chocolate melts and mix together.
* Pour into 7 x 25cm loaf tin, fully lined with baking paper and pop into the fridge for a couple of hours, or until set.
* Slice into small pieces – it’s quite rich so you don’t need a huge slice.