This is another recipe which helps clear out the vegetable crisper, and can also be frozen. Feel free to use whatever you have in your fridge, I used the below ingredients for the rice pictured. If you want to make it even healthier, use brown rice and omit the bacon.
This is also a great meal for kids, you just need to cut everything up into smaller pieces. I then freeze leftovers into small containers for a quick and easy meals for Liam.
500g skinless chicken breast diced
3 rashes of shortcut bacon (excess fat trimmed)
1 stick of celery – finely chopped
1 carrot – cut into small sticks
3 spring onions
1 full head of broccoli – cut into small pieces
1 capsicum – cut into small pieces
1/2 cup of frozen peas
Small tin of corn
200g of beans – cut in half or quartered
200g of snowpeas
50g of raw cashews
1 cup of uncooked rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pack of stirfry sauce – I use Kantong’s honey soy and garlic
Extra soy sauce to taste
Approx 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce (can omit)
- In a wok, add olive oil and bring to a high heat. Add chicken and bacon and cook until the chicken has browned and almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add rice.
- Add celery, carrot, spring onions, broccoli, capsicum, beans and cashews and cook until just starting to get tender
- Add cooked rice, snowpeas, peas, corn and sauces to wok, mixing all ingredients together and cook until snow peas are cooked through (2 -3 minutes) – serve
- After adding sauces, I suggest tasting and adding extra sauce if you wish