YUM! That’s really the only introduction these cookies need. They are super rich and indulgent with the inclusion of dark brown sugar and cacao powder. Yes, they may be similar to the Triple Chocolate Cookies I have made in the past – but let’s be honest, you can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes, and I’m happy to keep baking them until I find the perfect recipe! Do you have an amazing choc chip cookie recipe you would like to share?
125g softened butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup cacao powder
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
* Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
* Sift flour and cacao over butter/sugar mixture, add chocolate chips and stir until combined
* Cover two trays with baking paper, and place tablespoon sized balls of mixture onto trays, leaving approx 3cm between cookies. Press down the top of each cookie with the back of a spoon and bake for 15 minutes.
* Allow cookies to cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to rack.
Linking up with The Multitasking Mummy for Mummy Mondays
I may possibly be crazy. As well as working my way through the McAlpin’s Recipe Book, I’ve decided to also work my way through the Donna Hay Simple Essentials Chocolate book. It’s worth it though, these are possibly the BEST chocolate cookies I have ever tasted. They remind me of my favourite triple choc cookies from Mrs Fields. The original recipe is for Double Chocolate cookies, instead of just using chopped dark chocolate, I used half white and half dark. They were so good I ate four in one sitting… and then felt guilty for the rest of the day! The dough was also very yummy, and I may have possibly made a few more biscuits if I had not been sneaking spoonfuls whilst waiting for the first batch to bake.
As with all Donna Hay recipes, it is a super easy recipe to follow & the end result is well worth it.
110g unsalted butter softened
3/4 Cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour sifted
1/4 cup cocoa powder sifted
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
125g dark chocolate melted
280g dark chocolate extra roughly chopped (I used half dark chocolate and half white chocolate to make these triple chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir through the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and melted chocolate
- Add the extra chopped chocolate and stir to combine
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into rounds
- Place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, allowing room for the cookies to spread and flatten slightly
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slight cracks have formed
- Cool on wire racks
These are sooooo good