This is it, the final day of 2013 is upon us. For many it’s a time to reflect on what has been, and think about what we want to achieve in the coming year. Personally I have been thinking about these things for the past couple of months, and have started implementing strategies to help me achieve my goals in the new year.
I am pleased to say good bye to 2013, not because it has been a terrible year, it has been an important year of personal growth for me. Sitting here typing away, while all of my boys are asleep (daddy included) I feel content. I am in awe of the special little family my husband and I have created – with a lot of help from some incredibly talented and lovely Doctors! I am content with my life right now. Yes, there are challenges which lay ahead of us, and goals we are working towards, but right now sitting here having my second cup of coffee for the day (hey I’m allowed, it’s 5.15am!) and watching the sky lighten as a new day unfolds, I am content with my life.
It has been both the good and not so good experiences this year which have shaped me, and this morning I’d like to share some of my highlights of this year…..
* Sharing the pregnancy journey with my sister – albeit for a short time!
* Welcoming another precious little boy into our family
* Watching Liam master new skills…. and work on others!
* Having the privilege of spending the final weeks of my sister’s pregnancy with her, and meeting her precious little man shortly after his birth
* Finally taking the plunge and starting my blog! It’s also been a wonderful excuse to justify all of my baking!
* Getting out and about with my boys
* Being a Wife, Mum, Sister, Daughter…..
* And being me…
Finally, below is one of my first blog posts – remembering my Nan on what would have been her 106th birthday. It was my early experiences sitting in her kitchen all those years ago, that ignited my passion for baking and cooking.
Thank you for all of your support over the past few months and I wish you all a happy and safe new year and all the best for a wonderful 2014 xx
Linking up today with Essentially Jess for the final #IBOT of the year