I think I’m a pretty awesome wife – and humble I know!! Tonight I decided to surprise Scott with a midweek after dinner treat. He is also looking after both the boys during the peak of witching hour whilst I go to the gym, so he deserves a big reward! He has been on a bit of a health kick recently (to the point where he knocked back the pizza lunch at work for Melbourne Cup yesterday), so I knew he would want to keep things pretty healthy. I decided to make a fruit dessert, there were a couple of apples & pears in the fruit bowl, and Liam had some leftover strawberries and peaches from his afternoon tea. I like a crunchy top, so I added some chopped almonds to the oats. For easy serving, I divided the mixture into four ramekins, if you prefer you could put it all into one dish.
Liam and I have shared one already, we added vanilla yoghurt to ours and we both really enjoyed it. Scott isn’t home yet, so I haven’t gotten feedback from my toughest critic yet… if this doest cement my place as wife of the year, I don’t know what will!!
This is what I used – but you could just use any fruits you have
1/2 tub diced peaches
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 dessertspoons malted rice syrup
2 tbsp shredded coconut
50g almonds chopped
* Preheat oven to 190 degrees
* Chop apple and pear into small pieces,add 2 tbsp water and cinnamon and cook in microwave on high for 2 minutes
* In a separate bowl, combine rolled oats, coconut, almonds & malted rice syrup and mix together.
* Drain excess water from apples & pears, add peaches and strawberries and mix together
* Divide fruit mixture amongst 4 ramekins (or one dish if preferred) and top with oat mixture
* Place in oven for approx 10 minutes, or until top begins to turn golden
* Allow to cool slightly and serve!!