Sometimes just thinking about your ‘happy place’ isn’t enough – you need to take action and go there. This week I’ve felt myself getting frustrated quite a few times, and my usual technique of thinking about what makes me happy has just not cut it – mainly when I’ve been dealing with a tired cranky toddler who refuses to sleep… oh yes, it’s been fun times at our house this week!
Although I’ve felt selfish and guilty for doing a few of these things (especially when I was upstairs in the bath and could hear both the boys crying with Scott) – they have certainly helped turn my mood around quickly and bring me back to a better place where I appreciate what I have and the challenges associated with it.
This week I’ve gone to my happy place when:
* Sitting down with Aiden for smiles and giggles – this always perks me up!
* Going to the gym for time by myself – I always feel so energised afterwards
* Treating myself to a bubble bath last night – it was bliss!
* Baking (what a surprise!)
* Catching up with friends for Coffee (another huge surprise there)
* Going on ‘dates’ with just Aiden… we have lots of smiles and giggles
What do you do when you need to go to your happy place?