Looking through Mum’s tattered old recipe book, I came across a few recipes I can clearly remember from my childhood. These biscuits were one of my favourites growing up. Nan would often send some back home with us after we had been up visiting her for the weekend. Like a lot of Nan’s recipes, there are just a few ingredients and they are super easy. They are incredibly light and it’s really hard to stop at one! This batch made around 18 biscuits – and between 6 of us, there are only 3 left.
Click here for metric conversion table
4 oz butter
4 oz castor sugar
2 oz coconut
6 oz self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs one at a time and beat in
- Add dry ingredients and beat on low speed until combined
- Drop dessertspoons of mixture onto trays lined with baking paper (mixture will be quite runny)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a golden colour. Cool on trays for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks.
- Makes approx 18 biscuits