Over the last few weeks I have been hooked on brownies and blondies. Each recipe I have made, I’ve thought it to be the winner. However I think this combination of rich dark chocolate brownie with raspberries literally takes the cake (pun intended). These are sensational, the brownie is so rich and chocolatey, and the raspberries are such a great contrast. The centre is quite soft, and is GREAT warm with vanilla ice cream. My little helper enjoyed licking the bowl…. I know just award me mother of the year now.
Recipe from Donna Hay Simply Essentials – Chocolate
200g dark chocolate chopped
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/3 cups plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder sifted
1 1/2 cups raspberries – fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth
- Place in a bowl with the sugar and eggs
- Sift over the flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix to combine
- Pour into a 23cm greased square cake tine lined with non stick baking aper
- Top the mixture with the raspberries and bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- Brownies should be very fudgey in middle