Looking at my now almost 20 month old toddler, I’m reminded at how quickly the time passes and how we can get so caught up in life that we don’t appreciate and savour the special moments of a newborn baby. I struggle to remember so many of the simple things when Liam was really young, as at the time I was so focused on him moving forward, whether it was with his weight gain or reaching developmental milestones. This is why I am trying to make the time to enjoy the sweet and simple baby moments with Aiden as I know it will be all too soon and he will also be tearing around the house. These are some of my favourites….
- The special time we share when are staring at me whilst feeding
- When all you want is to be picked up and cuddled and settle as soon as you are in my arms
- Your first smiles
- How little you look when you are curled up asleep on your Dad’s chest
- When you hold onto my finger and don’t want to let go
- The quiet time we share when it’s just the two of us awake in the middle of the night
- Laying down with you and appreciating how big and new your world is
- Your suprised expressions as you experience new sensations
- The hours that fly by when I’m watching you sleep
- Your contented look when you have fallen asleep with a full belly
- The feeling of your gentle breathing on my skin
- The moment when I realise you totally rely on us and we are your whole world
What other special baby memories do you have?