If you are looking for something easy to make tonight – or a quick midweek meal this salad is a winner. It can be served hot or cold, we love it warm mixed with rocket and baby spinach leaves, cucumber and feta.
You can add whatever vegies you have, it’s perfect for leftovers and can also be used as a side dish.
800g of pumpkin
1 red onion
1/2 cup of frozen peas
small tin of corn
100g of walnuts
1 cup of couscous
extra olive oil
olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees
- Cut up pumpkin, capsicum and carrot into small pieces (approx 2-3cm)
- Cut tomato and red onion into 8 wedges
- Place all cut up vegies onto baking tray (I cover mine with foil) and spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle over paprika to taste.
- After 30 minutes in oven, sprinkle walnuts over vegies and toss.
- Roast in oven for a further 20 – 30 minutes – time will vary depending on size of vegie pieces and how roasted you like your vegies. I normally roast them for an hour to an hour and a quarter.
- When almost roasted, cook peas in microwave with a small amount of water for approx 2 minutes.
- Boil kettle and in a large bowl, combine couscous and 3/4 cup of boiling water, drizzle a small amount of olive oil over couscous (up to a tablespoon). Using a fork mix together and then cover bowl for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes check couscous, it should be soft. You can add a little extra water if you prefer it a bit softer.
- Add roasted vegies, peas and tin of corn to couscous and mix together. There will be extra liquid/juices from vegies which you can also add.
It’s great either warm or cold with baby spinach and rocket, cucumber and feta salad